Living off-grid usually means a shift in the way we run our houses, for example using a log burner for heating and gas for cooking. It also usually requires the owner to have a good understanding of how the system works, what its capabilities are and how to maintain it.
Sunergy Solar only use quality products and are proud to be installers of Century Enersun batteries, SMA and Outback Power inverters and charge controller.
How it works
Solar panel arrays are stationed on the roof or on a ground based stand. They capture sunlight during the day and sending generated power to an inverter, which converts it to 230V AC and sends it to the switchboard.
While the panels generate more power than is being consumed, a secondary charge control inverter manages the flow of power, channeling the excess to a battery bank for storage.
While the array is not generating, the controler draws power from the battery bank to supply the switchboard.
In the event there isn’t enough power in the battery bank, the controller starts a generator and feeds that power back to the switchboard, with any further excess charging the battery bank.
Using quality products makes a big difference
Having good quality, well designed components can make all the difference to how well your off-grid solar system performs and how long it lasts.
With so many different products available, how do you know what is good, bad, or best suited to your particular situation? That’s easy—just ask us! We continually research the solar technology market and understand the differences and importance of various specifications that affect how your system will perform and last.
- At Sunergy we sell tier 1 panels from Seraphim Solar, and German engineered inverters from SMA and Fronius.
- All of our products have market leading warranties. For more information, see our product range.
- Our products are purchased through local supply partners so you can have confidence in the warranties and that you’re not buying parallel imported product.
What does an Off-Grid Solar Power System Cost?
Every off-grid solar system is designed and priced individually. There are different kinds of systems and setups, all of varying size, starting from $8995.
Talk to us to get an idea for your specific site and needs.
We recommend a quality Kohler LPG generator for our off-grid solar systems. Our three primary reasons are:
- LPG doesn’t go stale,
- LPG generators are considerably cheaper per kW than a diesel alternative,
- You cannot damage a LPG engine by idling under low load, which is often the case with off-grid solar systems.